This post calls for a self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual with the ability to work smoothly within a team. He/She will also be able to perform independently, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Role is based at Michael Debono Toyota Zebbug.
Job Purpose is to manage the warranty claims for Automotive Sector.
The chosen individual will be reporting to the Service & Body Shop Manager.
The list of tasks is non exhaustive and main responsibilities include:
- Verifying the manufacturer’s or supplier’s criteria before claims are processed
- Authorising all warranty claims.
- Completing the documents required to process claims; forwarding them to the manufacturer and following up on the process.
- Ensuring that the amount claimed is congruent with the criteria of the manufacturer.
- Following up on claims, in order to obtain prompt payment
- Compiling pre-authorization applications in contentious cases, forwarding them to the manufacturer and follow up.
- Identifying exceptional cases which may result in special agreements with the manufacturer; such as good will from supplier.
- Reviewing claims denied by the manufacturer and, if applicable, resubmitting them as soon as possible or obtains authorisation to cancel them.
- Ensuring that the clients are invoiced for uncovered and unauthorised claims.
- Reviewing/reconciling credits (amounts claimed).
- Reviewing claims exceeding the time frames prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Ensuring that the bodywork claims are processed and photographs are taken by BS
- Providing the accounts the documents required to process the accounting paperwork, the amounts receivable, payments and credits for warranties.
- Explaining the warranty provisions to new customers when required.
- Advising internal personnel in warranty provisions or changes.
- Ensuring that defective parts are returned to the manufacturer when required.
- Filing and sorting claim sheets in Box Files.
- Keeping up-to-date and contacting clients on all the manufacturer’s recalls and bulletins.
- Working closely with the after-sales and bodywork department shops on warranty claim issues.
- Chairing departmental meetings to update on warranty accounts.
- Other ad hoc tasks that may be required.
The ideal individual should:
- Ideally have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with warranty processes, although training will be provided.
- Be proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Be knowledgeable of the main dealers in the automotive industry.
- Have the ability to plan and perform internal audits.
- Be able to write & Implement improvement methods and procedures.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Warranty Officer as the subject of the email.